If you are helping your parents move, here are some tips on how to be more efficient and supportive to your loved ones as they go through these major life event. Listed below are downsizing tips to make the process easier and less stressful.
Tips To Help Seniors Downsize
- If you have spare time and your parent is willing, you can start decluttering even before a move is imminent. Decluttering at least 1 year before an actual move is a good idea.
- Shred confidential documents that you no longer need, throw away outdated food, or give away items that you no longer need.
- Ask a tax person about the records that you need to keep.
- Don’t stop decluttering until you begin sorting and packing for your move.
- Gather and keep important document.
- Keep the sorting and packing activities to two hours at most.