home organizing

Here’s the second part of the ultimate guide to home organizing.

Click here for Part 1.

Organize Your Dining Room

Dining rooms are used for more than just sharing a meal. It’s a place where kids do their homework. It’s also an area where you check your bills or do a few tasks you brought from work. Clutter can easily pile up in your dining room and that’s why you need to know how to keep it as organized as you can. Here are a few kitchen organizing tips you need to know.

  • Your dining room must never be the catch all space in your home. It’s not the place for paperwork, coats, backpacks, books, and other items that are not supposed to be in the dining room.
  • You need to clearly define where your dining room space is and the purpose it will serve. Designate the appropriate storage space and other areas that will help you keep the area tidy, neat, and fully functional.
  • Reduce the clutter by removing chairs that are not needed. Don’t keep 12 chairs if you’re only 5 in the family.
  • Consider adding buffets and sideboards. They’re not only good as décor but they’re also perfect storage spaces.

Organize your Bathroom

Whether you have a small space or spacious bathroom, keeping it clean and organized is a must.

  • Get rid of items that you no longer need or are already past its expiration date.
  • Organize the medicine cabinet
  • Hang a metal file box near the sink area. It’s a good spot to store curling irons and hair dryers.
  • Use mason jars for loose items such as make up brushes, cotton balls, and Q-tips.
  • Place the towel bar behind the shower curtain rod. This will let you hang your towel while still being covered by the shower curtain.

Organizing your Play Spaces

If you have kids you know how cluttered your home can be. There’s going to be endless picking up of toys while your kids continue to make a mess. Fortunately, there are things you can do to keep your play spaces organized.

  • Use the 80/20 rule when organizing the play spaces. 20% of the things that your kids use should be placed in areas that are easily accessible. Meanwhile, the remaining 80% should be kept in areas that they cannot reach.
  • Use containers when decluttering. Have one container each for the items you wish to keep, donate, or throw away.
  • Use a wine rack to store art supplies.
  • Teach your kids to clean their play area. Make it fun so they would want to pick up and organize their toys.

Organizing your Laundry/Mud Room

It’s easy for the laundry room or the mud room to be messy. Arrange your laundry area in such a way that the room is maximized to the fullest.

  • Keep the workspace as simple as possible.
  • Set up a work space
  • Consider getting a laundry hamper with compartments.
  • You need to have dryer and washer pedestals.

Organize your Dorm Room

If you are currently living in a college dorm, you know how difficult it is to try to fit all your things in a very small space.

  • Add a sturdy shoe rack at the bottom of your closet.
  • Take your summer clothing back home if you’re up for a visit.
  • Use binder clips to make an organized and clean rack for cans and bottles.

 

Home organizing doesn’t have to be difficult. If you need the help of a professional organizer, call Brunswick Organizing Solutions now.

 

Brunswick Organizing Solutions
Leland, NC 28451
910-477-3768
https://www.getorganizednc.com/

Brunswick Organizing Solutions
Shallotte, NC 28470
910-477-3768

Brunswick Organizing Solutions
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
843-429-8158

Cities Served
Leland, Wilmington, Shallotte, North Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, Southport, Bolivia, St. James, Oak Island, Ocean Isle Beach, Sunset Beach, Carolina Shores, Calabash, Castle Hayne, Burgaw – Brunswick and Horry County