It’s difficult to take on the many different tasks related to moving. But if you know how to do it right, it can be done without too much headache. Even if you’re not gifted with a professional organizer mindset, it doesn’t mean you can have a stress free move. As a matter of fact, you’ll find various moving tools such as packing calculators, checklists, and moving apps. All these can help you organize your move. Here are some tips to help you have an organized move.
8 Moving Tips You Need To Know
- Download moving apps – use technology to your advantage by using moving apps. Some of the top choices are Realtor.com, LetGo, ParkMobile, Sortly, Nextdoro, and Houzz. From finding homes or apartment rentals, purging your stuff and selling them, to seeking out a truck rental or hiring a home remodeling professionals, these apps will be of great help.
- Make a moving binder – you must have a master moving binder to help you stay organized when moving. It’s a place where you can keep your moving receipts and contracts. It will also help you consolidate all of the things you need to do in a single place. Other items you can store in your master moving binder include financial documents, school records, medical records, contractor bids, floor plans, donation receipts, and more.
- Print Checklists – moving to a new home involves a lot of components and tasks. From taking care of the logistics to settling financial obligations, it’s not easy to figure out what you need to do and when they need to be done. That’s why having a checklist is important. You should have a list of what you need to do so you can make sure that you can manage the moving parts of your relocation in an organized manner.
- Color coded boxes – you should label all of your moving boxes according to the room they belong to. You can take your organizing method up a notch by color coding the labels. You will find various color labels in the market. If you don’t want to buy one, you can always make your own.
- Create a packing strategy in advance – When it comes to home organizing, you should come up with a packing strategy for every room. To start, find out which closets and rooms to pack first. Begin with the rooms where non-essential items are stored like the library, attic, or basement. The rooms in your home that should be packed last include your bedroom and kitchen.
- Create a list of the contents of each box – When you pack your boxes, create a list of the contents of each box so can keep track of your items. Plus, this will help you know which items have been packed and which ones are not.
- Keep a list of all important contact numbers – organize all the utility information that you may need before and after your move. You should have the contact numbers for all your service providers such as phone, trash, security system, satellite, electricity, gas, water and sewer, internet, cable, and more.
- Moving day essentials box – you must have a moving day essentials bag or box. It must contain important documents, bottled water, medications, extra clothes, ID and credit cards, toiletries, toilet paper, pet essentials, baby necessities, and the like.
Call Brunswick Organizing Solutions now if you need expert help in organizing things before a move.
Brunswick Organizing Solutions
Shallotte, NC 28470
Brunswick Organizing Solutions
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Leland, Wilmington, Shallotte, North Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, Southport, Bolivia, St. James, Oak Island, Ocean Isle Beach, Sunset Beach, Carolina Shores, Calabash, Castle Hayne, Burgaw – Brunswick and Horry County