Many people want to their home to be organized. If you are a senior who recently downsized, a college student with lots of things cramped up in a very small space, or perhaps a very young couple who are just starting a life and want to have an organized home, to begin with. A lot of people want to be organized but have no idea where to start. So, here’s the ultimate home organizing Wilmington NC guide for every room you have at home.
You might be wondering why you need to get organized. First of all, you will save a lot of time that you would otherwise spend going through the clutter just to find a certain item. Aside from that, a home that’s clutter free will make you feel less stressed, not only you but also for your whole family. Even if you are living alone in your home, these ultimate life hacks for room by room organization will make you feel more accomplished and relaxed.
Organizing your Living Room
- Create a layout for your furniture that doesn’t disrupt the natural flow of traffic in your living room.
- Arrange or set up the areas in your living room according to its purpose.
- You must have enough seats in your living room so that if you have guests, none of them has to sit on the floor.
- If you have picture frames, books, and other items that you don’t need to use every day, you should consider installing ceiling shelves.
- If you have a small living room space, you should consider having an adjustable table pulls that also work as a coffee table and even as a dining or kitchen table.
- Hide unsightly items inside furniture when organizing your living room.
Organizing your Kitchen
- Use magazine racks as storage for the lids of your pots and pans.
- Use a lazy Susan so you can reach and organize items inside the cabinet a lot easier.
- Create dividers kitchen cabinets by using tension rods.
- Group items together by using a drawer organizer. This will save you time from having to dig through lots of kitchenware.
- Get rid of all the junk from your kitchen junk drawer.
- Create a vertical storage for the space between the refrigerator and the cabinet or wall so you have a place where you can store small items like spices.
Organizing your Home Office
- Create work zones
- Use shelves and bins
- Create a separate storage area for your magazines or scan them so you still have an electronic copy and get rid of the actual magazine by donating or selling it.
- Keep document trays on your desk
- Have a color coded filing system
- Have a magnetic strip bulletin board for your important memos and notes.
- Use mason jars to store pens.
Organizing Hack for your Bedroom
- Make the most out of your vertical wall space. Consider the addition of built in shelves that add a classy and charming look to your storage space.
- Organize your under-bed storage – Don’t be tempted to just stuff your things under your bed. You need to organize it properly so that it looks neat and tidy and you can easily find what you’re looking for. Think about using labeled containers that come with lids to prevent your items from getting dusty.
- Use wooden crates to make DIY ottoman – make your own DIY ottoman that doubles as a storage space.
- Use old trunks and metal suitcases as corner accents and makeshift coffee tables – you can use them to store seasonal décor, blankets, and other items that you do not need.
- Use empty paint palette and shadow boxes for storage – these two pieces can be used to store jewelry that you wear frequently.
- Use a murphy bed with storage and sliding doors – it can serve as a perfect storage space while hiding the bed when it’s not used.
Organizing Your Closet
Declutter and get rid of the clothes that you no longer use. Get all of your clothes that you’ve stored in your closet for several years. If haven’t used it for more than a year, then you probably won’t be using it anytime soon. So, you have to consider selling, donating, or throwing it away when organizing your closet.
- Color code your clothes – it will make your closet look organized. Plus, it will help you find which clothes match well a lot easier.
- Store most used items at eye level – items that you don’t use often can be stored higher on the closet.
- Get rid of the shoebox – shoeboxes take up a lot of space and they don’t look good.
- Use a hanger for your scarves – use a wooden hanger for your scarves so they don’t get tangled up.
- Create a DIY rack for your tights – this will help you find the perfect pair for your outfits.
- Fold fitted sheets properly – learn how to properly fold fitted sheets so they look good and organized in your closet.
Watch out for the second part of the ultimate guide to room-by-room organization on the next post.
Call Brunswick Organizing Solutions now if you need the help of a professional organizer to declutter your home.
Brunswick Organizing Solutions
Shallotte, NC 28470
Brunswick Organizing Solutions
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Leland, Wilmington, Shallotte, North Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, Southport, Bolivia, St. James, Oak Island, Ocean Isle Beach, Sunset Beach, Carolina Shores, Calabash, Castle Hayne, Burgaw – Brunswick and Horry County