Whether you’re parents are moving to a senior living community or already deceased, here are the things you need to do to sell their home fast.
Emotional Stress When Selling Your Parent’s House
The experience you get when you sell your parent’s home is different if you are selling your own house. It can be a very stressful process, not to mention the detail that goes into everything, from beginning to end.
Perhaps you have already accepted that you have to let go of your childhood home or maybe you have realized that this particular loss foretell the passing of your parents. Aside from that, your mom or dad may be afraid of losing independence apart from feeling sad or angry about leaving.
Most seniors are scared of going to a senior home and letting go of their house. If that is the case, you should think about keeping your home temporarily so you can use it as a backup plan just in case they do not like their new house. If you have the funds for it, you could list the home with a realtor. However, you should hold off on putting it on the market until you are sure that your parents are ready to sell the house.
Tips To Sell Your Home Fast
If your parent has passed away or is moving to a new home, you are probably emotionally drained once it is time to sell your house. That stress may drag your feet regarding selling your house or worse, just go with the first offer you get even if it’s low. Approach it like it is a financial transaction.
- Be careful of offers from investors. – in case the house is in probate after the death of a parent, the investors providing to pay cash might flood the family with letters and emails. Cash offers could be tempting, especially when you have a big about of personal debt or you would like to sell the home fast. But it won’t be the best prices. It’s always a good idea to list the home with the help of a reliable realtor.
- Don’t be your own realtor – it may seem tempting to sell the house and be your own realtor because you get to save on the commission. But a realtor will place the house on MLS or multiple Listing Service, and all the other website that you can list it on. An expert realtor also understands the market and how to properly negotiate with agents as well as when they should take a step back and when they should push.
- Do not let your emotions cloud your better judgement – it is better to let someone else who is not emotionally attached to the property being sold.
- Hire a home organizer to declutter – don’t hesitate to hire a professional organizer to declutter the house.
- The price must be right – a realtor must do a thorough evaluation of the existing market conditions; pulling similar properties sold in the past 90 days and found within one quarter file of the house. The pricing approach must include the potential buyers’ demographics.
- Update judiciously – a realtor could recommend required renovations according to the comparable sales. The best investments are mostly cosmetic like new electrical outlets and basic landscaping.
Call Brunswick Organizing Solutions now if you need help in decluttering a house so you can sell it fast. Our professional organizers can also help you with the moving and downsizing process.
Brunswick Organizing Solutions
Shallotte, NC 28470
Brunswick Organizing Solutions
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Leland, Wilmington, Shallotte, North Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, Southport, Bolivia, St. James, Oak Island, Ocean Isle Beach, Sunset Beach, Carolina Shores, Calabash, Castle Hayne, Burgaw – Brunswick and Horry County