Senior relocation services Myrtle Beach SC makes it easier for a loved one to downsize or move.
A Senior Move Manager is an individual who assists older adults and their families in the emotional and physical aspects associated with moving and/or aging in place. Senior move managers offer a multi-faceted approach to moving, from the planning of the space to the post-move support and advocacy. Many senior move managers come from backgrounds in psychology, gerontology, health care, nursing, and social work. Others have experience in project management, technology, marketing, or accounting. All senior move managers have a deep commitment to older adults and a desire for meaningful work.
Senior Relocation Services Myrtle Beach SC
While specific senior moving help services may vary, Senior Move Managers can assist with any or all of these:
- Develop an overall plan for moving or aging in place
- Organizing, sorting, and downsizing
- Floor plans customized
- Organise the sale or consignment of unwanted items for a profit.
- Interviewing, scheduling, and supervising movers
- Arrange shipment and storage
- Professional packing
- Setting up and unpacking the new home
- Similar services include cleaning, waste removal, and senior escort. They also assist with selecting a realtor to prepare the house for sale.
Senior move managers may provide these services directly, while others perform more like an oversight or manager. Senior move managers are well-versed in the local resources and their costs.
One call to a senior manager can connect you to the services that older adults and their families require for a smooth, successful transition.
Senior move managers often assist people who want to remain in their homes but need expert organizational skills and knowledge about aging in place concepts. . . Not moving, but improving your quality of life.
Senior move managers are skilled in utilizing resources and methods that reduce stress, save money and deliver quality results. Senior move management services are tailored to the needs of each client and customized to their preferences. Family members should not doubt the ability of an outside expert when it comes to handling a move or who gets which painting.
A senior move manager can help you connect with the services that older adults and their families require for a smooth, seamless transition. These are some frequently asked questions regarding this new service.
Who hires senior mover managers?
You can hire senior move managers by:
- Senior adults are themselves
- Family members
- Bank and trust officers
- Geriatric Care Managers
- An attorney
- Social workers/social service providers
- Senior living communities
- Doctors and other health professionals
- Staging professionals
Why is senior management important now?
- The numbers speak for themselves. Between 2010 and 2030, the US’s 65-year-old population will increase by nearly 80 percent. The elderly will make up one-fifth of the US population by 2030. The fastest-growing segment of the US’s population is the 85-year-olds. There are many reasons senior move services are required now:
- Many families today are geographically dispersed. Adult children often are unable to assist with moving due to distance, careers, and other family obligations. The barriers for family members who live far away may be geographical.
- Many seniors don’t have any children or grandchildren. The family will likely be emotionally and physically exhausted if a loved one dies or becomes ill. They require assistance. To fill these gaps, senior move management was created to assist everyone in the transition.
- Senior adults who are making a move have not moved in 30-40 years. They may need to downsize significantly. It can be difficult for all members of the family to plan and execute such a complicated move. Call a senior manager to get the assistance of an experienced and insured professional.
How much do senior move management services cost?
It is almost impossible to estimate the cost of a particular moving help service since the fees can vary greatly depending on the geographic location and the services required.
- Some senior move managers also charge an hourly rate, while others prefer to bundle the total cost of the job at one price.
- The National Association of Senior Move Managers is a professional association that is specifically for senior moving professionals. Members will always provide a written estimate detailing the job’s cost before you have to pay.
- Senior move managers often offer a range of services that you can choose from and you will pay for them accordingly.
This industry’s ultimate goal is to reduce stress and anxiety in the moving process for seniors and their families, not to add to your worries.
What is it that makes a senior manager of a moving company different?
Professional organizer reduce the stress and chaos associated with moving by managing all aspects of the process. They create and execute a seamless plan that is customized to each client’s needs.
- Not all senior managers can also be movers. To complete the job, those providers who aren’t movers will work closely alongside a local moving company.
- Senior adults and their families can make important decisions with the expert guidance of a senior move manager. This helps to avoid emotional and physical distress. They avoid costly mistakes and regrets that can often accompany major lifestyle changes.
- Senior move managers do more than just sort, settle and transport boxes. They also take care of the work and worry! The move is a stressful process. The client’s job is to enjoy their new living arrangements.
Locating a Senior Moving Company
You should look for a senior manager whose company belongs to The National Association of Senior Move Managers. This organization represents approximately 500 senior management companies in the United States and Canada. NASMM was founded by a group of senior managers who met in Arlington, VA in October 2002 to discuss the creation of a professional association for senior move professionals. The 22 founding members created a mission statement and identified the tasks needed to make their ideas a reality. These included membership design, website development, database management and member education. The first annual NASMM Conference was held by the Board and its members just one year later. For a weekend full of professional education, networking, and socializing, sixty-five senior mover professionals gathered in suburban Philadelphia. Many initiatives have been put in place since then.
- Before being accepted, NASMM members must be reviewed for any insurance or experience requirements.
- NASMM’s ongoing educational programs demonstrate its commitment to professionalism as well as to working with older adults.
- NASMM has created a Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice to be used by all members.
Call Brunswick Organizing Solutions if you’re looking for reliable senior relocation services or senior moving help in Myrtle Beach.
Brunswick Organizing Solutions
Shallotte, NC 28470
Brunswick Organizing Solutions
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Leland, Wilmington, Shallotte, North Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, Southport, Bolivia, St. James, Oak Island, Ocean Isle Beach, Sunset Beach, Carolina Shores, Calabash, Castle Hayne, Burgaw – Brunswick and Horry County