Downsizing Tips For Parents Part I
Even the most meticulous plans for downsizing can go wrong, causing stress for both senior parents and their adult children. To help your parents downsize, it is important to have a plan, lots of time and increased emotional awareness.
We offer expert advice from three senior move managers who specialize in downsizing. This will help you plan for every stage of your parent’s downsizing, including how to:
- Start the downsizing conversation
- A senior-friendly real estate agent is available to help you.
- Find the ideal home for your parents
- Your parents’ home can be decluttered
- Help your parents with their move
- Celebrate the downsizing of your parents together
- Do it early and with compassion
- Hire a moving and packing company