Seniors can downsize by reducing clutter and moving to a smaller home in order simplify their day-to-day lives. There are many benefits to senior downsizing Brunswick NC, including:
- Home maintenance is less expensive
- Lower utility costs
- Lower real estate costs
- Additional time to travel or other hobbies
Seniors may choose to move into retirement communities as part of the downsizing process.
- Active Adult Community
- Senior Apartment
- Independent Living Community
Sometimes, family members and caregivers can help with downsizing in order to make way for an assisted living community or long-term care community.
What do Senior Downsizing Brunswick NC Realtors and Specialists Do?
Although downsizing can lead to a simpler lifestyle, it can also be stressful. There are many tasks to be done, including decluttering, selling your home, searching for a new one and finally moving, packing and unpacking. There are many resources available to help you make the process as smooth and easy as possible, such as downsizing specialists, professional organizer Myrtle Beach SC, and realtors.
Senior Movers and Packers
Moving help and packing companies can help clients downsize as much as they want. Seniors may only need assistance in moving. Others prefer to be involved with every step of the process. Staff can help organize, declutter, pack, move and unpack their clients’ new home. Some companies may also help with the space planning of the new house. The National Association of Senior Move Managers (NASMM) has provided best practices for the industry.
Seniors can be particularly affected by hoarding and clutter. A cluttered environment can also pose a risk to their health. Experts in decluttering can help clients see the big picture and determine which items they don’t need. They can help seniors decide which belongings they should keep, which ones to give to loved ones, and which items to donate. Many decluttering professionals and senior relocation services can provide resources for donation centers, which is more than Goodwill.
While many realtors are able to help with home-buying, the Seniors Real Estate Specialists (SRES), designation focuses on the needs of mature Americans. This designation is only available to realtors who have completed a special SRES (r) course through National Association of REALTORS.
Estate Sales and Consignment
While seniors may want to sell many of their possessions, some items might still be of high value. Clients can sell unwanted possessions by downsizing specialists using tools such as an estate sale on-site, online auctions and local social media sites.
Experts in Space Planning
These experts will assess the client’s environment and help determine the best layout. Floor plan models and apps may be used by some to help clients visualize how their furniture and belongings will fit in the space.
Is it a good idea to downsize your home?
- These statements will help you decide if downsizing is right for you.
- My home has been my home for many years, but it doesn’t suit my needs anymore.
- I don’t have as much space as I do now.
- I would rather spend my time doing activities such as traveling or other hobbies than maintaining my home.
- I would like to live in a place that allows me to age in peace.
- I require long-term care, and my current residence is not suitable.
- I’m looking to downsize so my children don’t have to handle all my stuff.
- I want my family and friends to enjoy my possessions now
Things to consider before you hire a downsizing specialist and realtor:
- Refer to others
- Ask for testimonials
- Review online
- Check out their Better Business Bureau profile for complaints
- Ask for photos of their work if possible
- Learn how to resolve customer dissatisfaction
- Avoid anyone who demands full payment upfront
Call Brunswick Organizing Solutions if you need professional help with senior downsizing or senior relocation.
Brunswick Organizing Solutions
Shallotte, NC 28470
Brunswick Organizing Solutions
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Leland, Wilmington, Shallotte, North Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, Southport, Bolivia, St. James, Oak Island, Ocean Isle Beach, Sunset Beach, Carolina Shores, Calabash, Castle Hayne, Burgaw – Brunswick and Horry County